Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Books Goals and Book Lists

I put a questions to my facebook friends (ok, I still get on facebook-just working on less time spent there) to capture their fave books of 2019.  Not necessarily writing in 2019 but read.  It was a great evening spent making plans to read certain books based on friends' recommendations.  I set a goal to read 100 books in 2019.  I read somewhere around 30.  I listened to a lot of podcasts but I just did not quite get to my lofty goal.  I hear in inspired some (my sister in law) to read 100 books and she came a lot closer-65ish and she told me she was not on social media much so I like where this is going.

Anyway, here is a list of books I want to read in 2020.  Some were my own discoveries and some (most) were friend recommendations-

Where the Crawdads Sing-Delia Owens
The Overdue Life of Amy Byler-Kelly Harms
City of Girls-Elizabeth Gilbert
Eleanor Oliphant is Absoutely Fine-Gail Honeyman
The Library Book-Susan Orlean
Next Year in Havana-Chanel Cleeton
Orphan Train-Christina Baker Kline
Quit Like a Woman-Holly Whitaker
We are the Luckiest-Laura Mckowen
Love Thy Neighbor:  A Muslim Doctor's Struggle for Home in Rural America-Ayaz Virji
The Bright Hour-Nina Riggs
Supper Club-Lara Williams
Where'd You Go Bernadette-Maria Semple
Are You Sleeping-Kathleeen Barber
The Distance Between Us-Reyna Grande
The Great Believers-Rebecca Makkai
News of the World-Paulette Jiles
We are the Weather-Jonathan Safran Foer
The Huntress-Kate Quinn
The Alice Network-Kate Quinn
The Give of Stars-Jojo Mayes
Before We Were Yours-Lisa Wingate
Harlee Loco-Rayya Elias
We Were the Lucky Ones-Georgia Hunter
Beneath a Scarlett Sky-Mark Sullivan
The Devil in the White City-Erik Larson
The Monk of Mokha-Dave Eggers
Lincoln in the Bardo-George Saunders
The Warmth of Other Suns-Isabell Wilkerson
White Trash-Nancy Isenberg
The Gone World-Tom Sweterlitsch
What the What-Dave Eggers
White Fragility-Robin DiAngelo and Michael Erick Dyson
The Tatooist of Auschwitz-Heather Morris
The Institute-Stephen King
Walking Each Other Home-Ram Dass and Mirabai Bush
How to Grow An Addict-J.A. Wright
Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist-Sunil Yapa
Witnessing Ted-Carol Poteat with Ted Wiard
Between the World and Me-Ta-Nehisi Coates
It Didn't Start with You-Mark Wolynn
Shamless-Nadi Bolz-Weber
Jason Molina-Riding with the Ghost-Erin Osmon
The Dutch House-Ann Patchett
The Collected Stories of Eduora Welty-Eudora Welty
Never Stop Walking-Christina Rickardson
Chasing the Scream-Johann Hari
Untamed-Glennon Doyle Melton
Wolf Pack-Abby Wambach
The Hate You Give-Angie Thomas
The Bhagavad Gita-Eknath Easwaran
Perfect Peace-Daniel Black
Cherry-Mary Karr
Carry On Warrier-Glennon Doyle Melton
Mother, Mother Koren Zailckas
Option B-Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant
The Signature of All Things-Elizabeth Gilbert
Me Before You-Jojo Mayes
AFter You-Jojo Mayes
The Goldfinch-Donna Tartt
Wool-Hugh Howey
Just Kids-Patti Smith
My Fair Junkie-Amy Dresner
Blackout-Sarah Hepola
Left to Tell-Immaculee Ilibagiza
Talking to Strangers-Malcolm Gladwell






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lent and Gratitude Writing

It is the season of lent.  My daughters and I were discussing our spiritual practices for the upcoming season.  One of my daughters, my 15 y...